The Australian Dental Association Victorian Branch (ADAVB) supports and represents our members to build a stronger voice for our profession. We advocate on behalf of our members and the community to promote the oral health of Victorians.
Our advocacy work includes:
- Issues research, monitoring and analysis
- Advancing the workplace rights of public dentists
- Government representation
- Preparation of submissions
- Partnership projects with other health organisations
- Collaboration with the federal ADA on issues of national significance.
We listen to the concerns of Victorian dentists, monitor the impacts on our profession and focus on the priorities identified by our members. Your membership enables us to present a unified front on issues that matter.
Some of these issues include the impact of private health insurance on the dental profession and patient care, access to public dental care, public dental funding and waiting times, water fluoridation and community oral health promotion and education.
Important update: COVID-19
We are working with the ADA to ensure that our members have the most up to date information about COVID-19. For further information please visit the ADA website (login required) and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website.