Thu 26 March 2020
Infection prevention and control in the dental practice
Build your confidence with your infection prevention and control processes.
Learn straightforward strategies to reduce risk, ensure best practice and improve efficiency.
- How to identify risk
- Pathways for infection
- How to evaluate appropriate methods to minimise and eliminate cross contamination
- How to apply effective and efficient work practices in the dental surgery.
CPD hours: 4 clinical hours
RSVP by 19 March.
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
• Regulatory standards and guidelines update
• Risk assessment in practice
• Staff health and occupational health and safety, including immunisation, workplace injuries and spills, standard precautions, hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, barriers and wipes, and aseptic technique.
• Reprocessing instruments and equipment
• Manual and mechanical cleaning
• Packaging and sterlising RMD
• Testing, interpreting equipment and device results
• Documentation to support practice.
1:15pm: Lunch and finish
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.